Bachelor Actuarial Science
Should a heavy smoker pay more for health insurance than a non-smoker? What about people with genetic diseases – should they pay more? Actuaries estimate complex financial risks regarding financial and economic crises, fire or earthquake damage, population ageing, mortality etc. So, are you good with figures and complex issues? If so, Actuarial Science is definitely the programme for you, and Amsterdam is definitely the city for you!
Actuarial Science at the University of Amsterdam: Is it for you?
- Mathematics is one of your favorite subjects. You study mathematics at the highest possible level and achieve good grades for it.
- You see yourself working as an actuary or risk manager for an insurance company, consultancy, pension fund or another financial or government institution.
- You have an affinity for numbers as well as the societal reality behind them, you are a good abstract thinker and you have strong analytical skills.
- You achieve high marks in English.
- You are capable of working independently: you know how to use a library. Initiative and inquisitiveness are also of great value.
Actuarial Science cannot be studied part-time.
Watch the presentation
If you're interested in learning more about this programme, you can watch the video presentation by programme director dr. Maurice Koster and student Stine Helmke. The content of the video is similar to the story told during the UvA Bachelor's day.
VSAE student association
The VSAE student association supports students in Actuarial Science and Econometrics and Operations Research during their studies and has many resources for international students settle. Read more about VSAE at 'Meet the people'.
- BSc Actuarial Science
- 180 EC, 36 maanden