Student-assistant for the Methods Desk Communication Science
College of Communication
- 13 juni 2018
- €1,958 to €2,283 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- 19 juni 2018
- 12 hours per week
September 2014 the Communication Science department opened the Methods Desk Communication Science where students can ask their statistical and methodological questions. Due to the success of the Methods Desk, the College and Graduate School would like to get in touch with suitable candidates for the position of student-assistant at the Methods Desk Communication Science.
- You will be staffing the Methods desk for 3 sessions, of 4 hours each, per week where you will answer statistical and methodological questions from Communication Science students, mostly by pointing them in the right direction;
- outside opening hours of the Methods Desk you will answer questions by e-mail;
- building and maintaining a Q&A-database also belongs to your tasks;
- SPSS Refreshment Courses (organising & lecturing).
- You are a student of the Research Master in Communication Science;
- you are available as a student-assistant (and studying in the Research Master programme) for at least a year from July/August 2018 on;
- you have good customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately;
- you have understanding of advanced qualitative and quantitative research methods and are able to use a range of advanced statistical methods;
- you have extensive knowledge of MS Office and good knowledge of SPSS
- you have excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and/or English;
- you preferably have some experience with explaining (complex) assignments by, for example, tutoring high school students.
For further information about this position you may contact:
You will be appointed as student assistant, with a corresponding gross salary between €1,958 and €2,283 in full-time employment (38 hrs per week). The position is temporary for a period of at least a year. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
The UvA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value a spirit of enquiry and endurance, provide the space to keep asking questions and cherish a diverse atmosphere of curiosity and creativity.
To apply for this position, please send your application to Ms. Rosanne Eijsink MSc via email@example.com, before 20 June 2018. #LI-DNP
No agencies please